Operating Procedure for Drilling Fluid Performance Test
Measurement of Medium Pressure Water Loss in Drilling Fluid
The determination of the filtration loss performance and wall building performance of drilling fluid is important for the control and treatment of drilling fluid. Because the filtration performance is affected by the type and content of solid phase in drilling fluid and the physico-chemical interaction between them, and is controlled by temperature and pressure, the filtration performance is divided into low temperature and low pressure and high temperature and high pressure, and each needs different instruments and technologies. Low Pressure Filter Press is used to determine medium pressure water loss. It consists of a tubular drilling fluid cup, support frame, pressure reducing valve, and filtrate receiver.
1. Main Technical Parameters of the Instrument
1. Drilling fluid cup: diameter 75.86~76.86mm, filtration area is 45.8cm2± 0.6 cm2.
2. Working pressure of the instrument: 0.7MPa.
3. Maximum capacity of the drilling fluid cup: 300~400 ml.
4. Filter paper: 90mm diameter Whatman NO.50, S & SNO. 576 or equivalent.
2. Procedure for Measuring Medium-pressure Water Loss
1. Ensure that all the parts in the drilling fluid cup, especially the filter screen, are clean and dry, and the sealing washer is not deformed or damaged. Block the hole at the bottom with your finger, inject the drilling fluid sample into the drilling fluid cup, put the liquid level at the engraved line in the cup, quickly put the "O" ring, filter paper, filter screen and the drilling fluid cup cover in order, and rotate it in a clockwise direction.
2. Turn around, Install the drilling fluid cup on the bracket, rotate 90 and clamp, and put the dry measuring cylinder under the discharge tube to receiving the filtrate. Close the pressure relief valve, open the pressure, so that the pressure reaches 690 kPa ± 35 kPa, put it into the drilling fluid cup, and keep the pressure stable. When the drilling fluid cup is pressurized, start remembering.
3. When the measurement time has arrived, remove the measuring cylinder and cut off the pressure source.
4. The API filter loss was recorded in mL. When the water loss of the measurement time of 7.5min is more than 8 mL, the water loss 2 of 7.5min is the water loss of the drilling fluid; When the water loss of 7.5min is less than 8 mL, the measurement is continued to 30min, and the water loss of the drilling fluid is directly read out by the measuring cylinder.
5. Remove the drilling fluid cup from the support while all the internal pressure is removed. Carefully open the drilling fluid cup, remove the drilling fluid and remove the filter paper (do not damage the mud cake on the filter paper). Wash the filter cake on the filter paper with slow water flow.
6. Measure and record the thickness of the filter cake in mm, accurately up to 0.1mm. Pay attention to the filter cake thickness measured at 7.5min 2. Observe the quality of the mud cake, and describe it as hard, soft, tough, dense, and strong.
3.Matters Need Attention
1. ZNS drilling fluid water loss tester is a pressure water loss instrument, because the pressure filtrate is less, it generally does not need to correct. When the instrument is found to be faulty, it can be repaired.
2. The filtrate receiver (measuring cylinder) is a measuring instrument, and must be submitted for inspection according to the regulations.
Qingdao Haitongda Special Instrument Co.,Ltd.
Qingdao Haitongyuanda Special Instrument Co.,Ltd.
No.320, Jiushui East Road,Licang district
Qingdao City,Shandong Province,China
No.10, Huaan Road,Chengyang district
Qingdao City,Shandong Province,China